The Dana Hall neighborhood encompasses a large residential area in the southwest corner of Wellesley. At the heart of this neighborhood is the all-female Dana Hall preparatory school, established in 1881 by the founder of Wellesley College in a large roominghouse on land owned by Charles B. Dana. (The campus was originally located at the northern edge of Grove Street near Wellesley Square until the 1950s, when the school was moved further south to its current campus.) In addition, Tenacre Country Day School lies adjacent to Dana Hall. The homes in this neighborhood vary considerably, from pre-1900 cottages to sprawling new construction.